Friday, July 15, 2011

I have been playing guitar for 15 years and consider myself an intermediate player?

The problem is that my first teach many years ago never stressed the importance of placing the thumb behind the neck and using it as a clamp , so acoustically I have never done it , never had any problems picking up chords , or chord patters or fingerpicking and I basically just palm the neck of the guitat , In the past five years I have invested more money in a few electris and a few fender amps and find on the electric I am also"palming" the guitar rather than clamping my thumb behind the neck and using my fingers and thumb as a clamp........AM I wrong or is there anything wrong woith just holding the guitar in as a comfortable position as you like , I have been playing the acoustic like this for years and get compliments on my playing and have thus far have had no prblems in playing the electrics the same way ,,,,,,,,,Opinions please , how do YOU hold the guitar in your left hand if you are right handed?

No comments:

Post a Comment